Accidents include events that result in injury or damage to equipment or property. Your first priority is to ensure your own safety and of those around you, and then to take all steps necessary to help any other injured people.
The above applies to but is not limited to:
- Personal incidents and accidents
- All vehicles, plant and equipment including malfunctions
- Areas that contain stored products be they liquid, gas or solid
- Potential damage and damage to the environment.
Actions to Take When an Accident/Incident Occurs:
- Notify your supervisor immediately so she/he can make a decision to notify authorities
- Incidents must be reported on the Sherm database within 24 hours of the event happening (Manage RiskIncident ManagementAdd IncidentComplete the Incident Report).